Friday, July 21, 2006

Brisbane Central

So, I'm finally ready for school. After running all over the place the past few days to confirm my enrolment and stuff, I finished everything by waking up early today getting everything done, i.e. paying my school fees and getting my student card.

The student card was critical because it would allow me to have 50% discount on every mode of transport.

In the afternoon, I met a fellow boarding member, Serina to head to Brisbane central, since I don't know that damned place. The landlady introduced the both of us the day before, as Serina was stuck in Aussie the entire holidays. She's from Taiwan, but her English is excellent.

The ride to Brisbane took roughly an hour, but $4.80 for both ways (bus, train, maybe even ferry if you are lazy), was cheap as hell. Yay for student passes.

The train ride was boring to say the least. The trains are really old, and at certain areas of the ride, the lights get "shocked" out for a bit, or gets dimmed. Scenary is mostly trees and "street art" i.e. vandalism.

However, Brisbane central is NOTHING like remote Ipswich I live in.

It's crowded as hell. No where as crowded as MongKok of Hong Kong, but more people then Orchard Road. For once, I'm happy to see some kind of crowd. There is people everywhere. In the shops, in the malls, in the bookstores.

Everywhere.

The clothing isn't exactly cheap, but I bought a jacket because it can be very cold sometimes. Discounted, of course. Borders had some fairly good price for books, so I got the Song of Ice and Fire volume 2 for $17.

And in the meantime, the both of us were walking all over the central area, looking into every shop.

My feet.

Hurts.

LoL.

And the fact that I had to walk to the damned bank and back to school in the morning didn't help 1 bit.

Ate dinner at the food court there. The food is edible, but a little expensive.

But hey, that's Aussie for you. Rather expensive stuff. But they earn quite a bit more too. LoL.

Pretty fun day. I found out where to play Time Crisis 4 in Brisbane, but because I had company, I didn't bother to complete the game as I had initially planned. My shopping partner did turn out to be fairly nice to be with, despite the initial impression that she's an ah lian. LoL.

However, on the train back, as I was reading my book, and Serina nodding off, some dude came behind, and said,

"Ticket please."

So, I showed him my stub. He muttered his thanks, and moved on to the dude in front, who was a China tourist.

When he started frantically searching through his pockets for the piece of paper, which resembles a receipt, something is obviously wrong.

So, the ticket inspector asked his superior over, and told him that dude can't find his ticket, and moved on.

The china dude just paniced and started babbling about how he had his ticket today and stuff. Everyone was looking at him.

After 3 stations, he just gave up, and the inspector explained the rules to him.

And lucky him, he got a good inspector who was in a fairly jolly mood.

Appartently, there's this neat warning system which gives you one chance if you forgot about the system. That china dude didn't get fined or anything, just got off with a ticket (ride back home. Free. :o) and a warning. If he is caught without his ticket again, he's screwed.

That's basically the gist of it.

Neat system.

However, on the ride back home, Serina pretty much told me about the landlords.

The evil side of them. LoL.

Like they enjoy pigging out and stuff. They pay $60 more then me a week to eat Sandwiches at lunch, and some weird stuff at dinner.

That's why, self cater > all. Hehe.

So far, so good. I'm enjoying my boarding so far, because it is 3 minutes walk from Uni. I can wake up late, or head home for lunch and stuff. The other "near" boarding house is behind the golf course, so you have to walk through the golf course to get there. LoL. And besides, the rent isn't that great either, plus the fact that you'll have to share one tiny toilet with 5 people, kinda reminds me of a concentration camp. For that extra $20, I'm VERY willing to pay it.

School on monday. Here we go.

And damn, 7pm lecture. :o

1 Comments:

Blogger Lan said...

mister!!! i need to know your address!!! reply to me asap!!! i have very little patience .... hahaha.... thanks!!

11:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home